So after a quick Google search I found a recipe from The Gluten Free Vegan (not endorsed) and OH MY am I glad I found this website. Total awesomeness. I have altered the recipe slightly as I chose not to use the chia seeds & I use Raw Cacao from Loving Earth
I also used 2 small organic bananas that were not over ripe, but perfect eating condition.
A little tip: Make sure the cherries are thawed before adding them to the mixture, otherwise the coconut oil will solidify and not spread evenly in the baking dish.
For a non vegan, this is SERIOUSLY good and I will definitely be making it again. For those of you wanting the recipe from The Gluten Free Vegan either click on the link or check it out below: (I deleted the chia seeds)
- 1 cup finely ground gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely ground coffee
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup high quality dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup frozen pitted cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175C Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl sift together oat flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In the work bowl of a mixer fitted with a beater attachment (or a large bowl if mixing with a hand mixer) combine coconut oil, coconut sugar and coffee grounds. Mix well on high until well combined.
- Add ripe banana and mix on high until fully combined.
- Add non-dairy milk, (I used unsweetened Almond milk) vanilla and dark chocolate. Mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Fold in chopped cherries until evenly distributed.
- Turn out mixture into greased baking pan. Spread evenly and press down firmly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Let sit 30 minutes before cutting and serving.